Update - Was fooling around with this cardboard patch yesterday, looking at Fleetnet and Safetynet on 54W, hooked to the RSP1. I took off the top layer of cardboard with the foil director and flipped it over so that the direct was sitting directly on top of the patch dipole. Signal strength doubled. Made absolutely no sense, so I put a slip of paper in between to keep the director and driven element electrically apart and taped it all back up. Now I have a cardboard patch that produces a usable signal for Inmarsat INDOORS. It's about 3/4 the performance of the big wire, foil and cardboard helix in the same position, according to the signal quality using inmarsatdecoder. AND, bonus, it doesn't have to be pointed directly at the satellite.