I had posted the following in another thread. @k5ted tried it on His system and had good results. You may want to try this as well.
I found that the USB on the CHIP was just a giant noise source. I didn't put a spectrum analyzer on it but when I added a 3ft USB A-B extension wound three turns on a snap on core it really choked the noise off in the receiver. I was having issues getting a lock with the patch antenna and SNR in the 2-3 range, after the hack I am getting 6-7 SNR in the same spot indoors looking through a window. I had tried several USB power connectors including a true apple part and it did not make any difference.
I also did a quick and dirty shielding job on the PA. 2-3 wraps in packing tape and bubble wrap then covered the whole mess in two layers of thick Al foil. I thought of doing the same thing with the CHIP but I was holding off until I am sure Skylark is stable.